Hello, hello, hello
Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out our blog! My name is Karen-Lucrece but everyone calls me Karen. I gave myself the nickname Bluebone which you will find out later in this blog.
A little small background information on me is:
- I’m West African, specifically from Benin (a small country next to Nigeria, that’s why sometimes people think I am Nigerian).
- born on July 18th, 18 years on this earth. Cancer season is the best season!
- one of my best friends is 3 days older than me and we’ve been best friends for 13-14 years.
- My favorite colors are burgundy, mustard yellow, and pale orange.
- I attend the illustrious Morgan State University with a major in Multi-media Journalism and a minor in Creative Writing.
- I love mangoes and tangerines.
I started this blog because I love writing and I love speaking my truth. I have a story to tell and would like to share it for others. I want to teach self-love to all black girls, I’ve always told my mom, older sister, and friends that when I’m older I would love to start an organization that uplifts black girls to rise above what they are given. Especially dark skin black girls. I always grew up insecure since I was about seven or eight years old, I never really looked at myself and saw beauty until recently. Self-image, self-love, and confidence has always been something I battled with. Still battling with it.
But like the Chance the Rapper (one of favorite artists in history), “I’ve made it through.”
I’ve went through a lot in my life that not too many people know about which makes it harder for me to open up to people or speak about myself. But, I’ve always found it easier to write than speak. I would like to be a motivational speaker one day, but the fear of public speaking is always there.
Hopefully you guys take this journey with me and understand that we all go through things because this life isn’t easy. I love listening to others about what they went through because I always like seeing how it made them the person they are today.
I’ll try to post at least once a week and at most three time a week.
Follow me on Twitter: karen_lucrece, Instagram: karen_lucrece, and add me on Snapchat: karen_lucrece.